A Mad Biker's Ongoing Tale

Wednesday, March 10, 2004

A MINUTE IN THE LIFE OF ZBYSZEK ROYAL……

Scene: fastened into his car seat, on the living room floor.

WHAT’S THIS? My foot? That’s nice. And that? My pants? That’s nice. Oh, there’s a device, plastic and shiny. It’s a nice color. Why, I think, I think I’ll call it “Blue”. Yes, blue. That’s a nice name for it. And I’ll name the device a “buckle.” Yes, nice buckles should be plastic and shiny. Look, there’s my middle. That’s nice. I’ll call it a “no-muck”. No, no, that’s not nice. I know, I’ll call it a “stomach”. Yes, that’s nice. Oh, my finger is in my mouth. You, yum. Very nice. Does the middle finger taste as good as the first finger? Why, yes, yes indeed. Very pleasant. And there’s Daddy. He’s nice. Behind him is a light, small and round, looking over him, over his, his..... “shoulder.” Shoulders are nice. I’ll call the ball a “sun.” Yes, that’s very nice. Very nice. I want the sun. Let me reach for it and maybe I can refract the light from my fingernails… wait, is there a fingernail on each finger? And why did I call them “fingernails?”. Oh well, that works. Wow, there’s one on each finger. But on each hand? Wow. How fascinating. How nice. And on my funny finger, too? Yes, there it is. I’ll call it a “thumb”. Is there a funny finger on the other hand, too? Wow, there is. And they’re opposable! Wow. How nice. Look, a dust mote. And another. It’s floating over the many intricate tapestries of time and space. And there’s my stomach again. Hmmm…. There’s my feet. Hey, Daddy’s feet. I’ll eat them. Ummmm, very nice. I’m tired of eating. I think I’ll “votit”…. No, “bomit”…. No, er…. I got it! I’ll “regurgitate” on his feet. Ah! Very nice. No, where was I? Oh yes, the sun. Wait, there’s the floor! What a nice color. Are there any more? Hmm, yes there are. And there’s mommy. Maybe I can eat her feet. Wow, look at that paper….. it has a nice design. Does my butt have nice designs? Mommy and Daddy must think so, they spend so much time putting paper on it. Hey, Daddy is tasting Mommy! That’s nice. Oh, my stuffed bunny. Nice. Colors are nice. Daddy is wiping his feet, but why? He’s taking away all the nice colors I gave him. Oh, now he’s reaching for me! Breathe hard, Zbyszek! Wave your arms and pump your legs. Give him that half-tooth goofy grin! He’s taking me, I’m rising. Oh, look there’s a dust mote on his nose. Wow. He’s squeezing me. Ah…….. how nice!

posted by mark 8:36 PM

Comments: Post a Comment
Powered by Blogger

 

The life and times of my big road excursion, pedaling 3435 miles from the Jersey Coast to San Francisco. And all points thereafter.

Past
current